Developing a Strategy
Keeping a flooring business running is not an easy job. The flooring industry is fast-growing and that means an increase in competition too.
You always have to keep up with the trends in order to stay above the competition. It’s easy to get drowned out and lose visibility- and that will negatively affect your business.
Thus, having a good marketing strategy can help you increase the traffic to your website and in the long run, more leads and sales for the flooring business.
1. Content Marketing
Blogging is a great way to attract traffic to your website. Creating quality content gives your business the credibility it needs to attract traffic. Digital content marketing for local contracting businesses such as floor coating is a great way to connect with potential clients and inform them about the services offered by your business.
PRO-TIP: You can request flooring industry leaders, local businesses, decorative concrete brands, and respectable bloggers to do guest posts on your website. They are likely to share the posts among their networks and therefore increase your traffic.
2. Optimize Your Website
It is important to remember that your website is still your top marketing tool. For any potential client looking to receive a free quotation for your services, they must first be convinced that you are professional and can deliver the results they want.
Your website is the best place to start.
By personalizing your website, you can greet your customers when they sign into your website. Try offering a free estimate, show successful before and afters, and most importantly, show testimonials of happy clients who have experienced your expertise in flooring. You may also consider adding a live chat for clients who are not ready to commit to an appointment but may have questions about your services.
3. Paid Advertising
Paid online advertising can help you improve on the traffic to your flooring coating business website. There are various ways to do paid ads including:
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC), appear on the top of search results based on your keywords. It is much easier to target your audience by demographics such as location. Some of the most common avenues for PPC include Google Adwords, Bing and Yahoo!
- Social media Ad platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn offer opportunities for paid advertising. They help in increasing the visibility of your social media profiles and website.
- Retargeting Ads is a way of placing ads so that people who were on your website can see it again when they are on other sites or platforms. It is a way of reminding them of your website and giving them the option of going back to it with a single click. It helps keep your brand in the front and leads to increased traffic.
- Native Ads are placed on other websites to provide informational content about your website. It can be an infographic, article or video that links back to your website.
When doing paid ads, you need to consider the ad design, content, positioning and targeting, keyword selection and campaign management. The benefit of paid advertising is that the results can be measured and you can tweak them whenever necessary.
4. Quality Content
Visitors want content that they can relate to and easily digest. It may be tempting to use industry language to sound knowledgeable, but it will drive away traffic if they can’t understand what you are talking about.
The importance of having quality content on your website can never be understated.
It is also important to tailor the content to your audiences’ needs. Develop personas that fit into your audiences. It may take a lot of resources to conduct research on your target audience’s personas, but it will be worth it.
Understanding your audiences’ demographics and behaviors will help you tailor your flooring business website content to their needs and attract more traffic.
5. Online Reputation Marketing
Online reviews play a big role in search rankings. Search engines only want to give their users the most reliable results when they are looking for a service such as a flooring contractor. If your flooring business has not leveraged on that, now is the time to start.
Positive reviews mean a good reputation and that is likely to attract traffic. Statistics show that 90% of potential customers read online reviews and 67.7% will make a purchasing decision based on the reviews.
6. Email Marketing
One of the benefits of email marketing for any flooring contracting business is that it is an effective and inexpensive way to reach out to prospects.
The right email marketing strategy will get you organic traffic and qualified leads. You can use email to inform subscribers of new products or offers. The best thing about email marketing is that you can always customize the message to the recipient’s interests so it is easy to keep everyone engaged. It is a proven marketing strategy that has always bore fruits. Be as creative as you can with your email marketing.
7. Compelling Calls-To-Action
Creating a compelling call-to-action requires more than simply adding a “CALL NOW” button to your website.
Each call-to-action that you feature on your website should be strategically designed and properly positioned to convert as many leads as possible.
Here are some tips to keep in mind as you add a call-to-action to your website:
- Put the spotlight on your calls to action by minimizing clutter on your website.
- Entice visitors by using action words in your calls to action.
- Be concise yet specific with your wording so readers know exactly what they will receive
What is the best way to drive more traffic to your website and generate more leads & sales for your floor coating business?
The surest way to attract prospects and generate leads, appointments, and sales is to seek the guidance of an industry expert.
By enlisting the support of a full-service digital marketing agency specifically serving the floor coating niche, you can rest assured that the seven strategies above will be implemented in a professional, results-driven manner.